2013 information coming soon!
Starting July 14th, and each additional Saturday until August 11th the Utah County Fair will be having a talent contest with the proud sponsor “Macey’s Grocery Stores”. This will be in conjunction with the “Fairgate” party provided by Macey’s and coordinated with the Utah County Fair.
There will be prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners at each local talent contest in the form of a Macey’s gift card in the amounts of $25, $15 and $5. Winners will advance to the final competition held at the Utah County Fair on Thursday, August 16th at 1:00 p.m. on the Main Stage. The prizes at the final contest at the Utah County Fair will be cash in the amount of $300, $200 and $100. Entry forms are available at all Utah County Macey’s Stores. Please fill out the entry form and take to the Macey’s Grocery Store where you wish to compete.
- Categories include dance, gymnastics, magic, theatre, voice, instrumental, and band
- A Sound System will be provided (microphone, CD player/iPod connection). You will need to supply any other items if needed in order to showcase your talent.
- Participants need to check in 30 minutes prior to performance-time
- Participants will be contacted to let you know when you will perform
- Acts Must Be Safe and Appropriate for General Audiences
- Performers must be Utah County Residents (live in Utah County)
- No Lip-Syncing
- There is a maximum time limit of 4 minutes per performance
- There is a maximum of 36 performers per store
- Performers must be 8 years old or older
- The top 3 contestants will be notified by 5:00 p.m. the following day of your performance and winners will be posted at the Macey’s store where you competed and on-line at www.utcountyfair.com
- A 5×7 picture must be attached to all entry forms
In the event that there are more entry’s than the allocated 36 per store a contestant can go to another store to see if there are any openings. If they are all full a contestant may be an alternate and will be asked to come prepared to perform in the event that a contestant cannot perform. You will be contacted for approximate time of performance. For questions or more information please email: UTCOFair.TalentCntest@gmail.com
Talent Contests will be held on Saturday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the following locations:
July 14, 2012 Lehi (760 E. Main St.)
July 21, 2012 Pleasant Grove (931 W State St.)
July 28, 2012 Orem (880 N. State St.)
August 4, 2012 Provo (1400 N. State St.)
August 11, 2012 Spanish Fork (187 E 1000 N)
August 16, 2012 FINAL Contest at the Utah County Fair (475 S. Main St., Spanish Fork), 1-3 p.m.