Contact: Robin Perkins 801-465-3086 or Marilyn Crawford 801-658-5288
Check In: Monday, August 12, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Check Out: Monday, August 19, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm ONLY
Items left after 1:00 pm on Monday, August 19 will be charged a $25 transportation fee.
All entries must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and cannot be removed prior to Monday, August 19.
Register your items ahead of time online at http://utah.fairmanager.com or register in person at the Fair on the date of entry. There is no fee to enter items in the Fair.
Rules and Guidelines for Exhibitors
- Exhibitors must be legal residents of Utah County.
- An exhibitor may submit a total of three entries. Professional exhibitors may not exhibit in other classes.
- Photos must have been taken in the past two years. All images must be printed on photo quality paper (no copies or plain paper images).
- There can be no names or other identifying marks on the front of the entry.
- Photographer’s name, address, telephone number, date photo was taken, title of print and the corresponding print. The Division name from the entry form must be printed on the back of each photograph.
- Velcro may be affixed to the back of the photo mount for hanging.
- All exhibitors will be required to complete the official Entry Form, listing their entries.
- Fair personnel will use care to secure the safety of entries after their arrival and during placement in the exhibit. However, the Fair assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to photographs. The Fair staff works hard to handle all exhibits with care and to ensure that each exhibit is secure.
- Prizes will be awarded based on judge’s evaluation of the print’s total presentation, print and mounting quality, photographic technique, impact, originality, composition and appeal.
- All decisions of the judges will be final.
- Judges may decline to award prizes if there is only one entry in a category and the quality is not deemed prize worthy.
- At the discretion of the supervisor, prints not meeting the category description specified by the photographer may be moved to another appropriate category.
- Photographs of nudes, extreme violence or specific subjects are inappropriate for entry in this event and will not be shown or judged.
Mounting, Print Sizes, etc.
- All entries must be permanently affixed to a mount board that is approximately ⅛” to ¼” thick. No wood, masonite or cardboard.
- No framed, glass covered or shrink-wrapped entries.
- No hanging devices or other protrusions on the back or front of prints.
- Prints may be borderless or have a white border not to exceed ¼”.
- All images must be original and may not include elements produced by anyone else. Parents may not help children compose photos or adjust colors, brightness/contrast or other characteristics of entries. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as their own.
- Note: Exhibitor may enter up to three prints only, with one entry per category.
- The Fair assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright by the entrant. The original images must have been made by the exhibitor on photographic or digital media and must be mounted. Digital prints may not contain non-photographic elements.
- Please pick up all ribbons, awards, premium money and items you want to keep at check-out (Monday, August 19, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm). Please make arrangements to pick up on time. There will be a $25 transportation charge for any exhibits left after that time.
CLASSES – SUMMARY
CLASS 1: Adult Advanced Amateur
CLASS 2: Adult Amateur
CLASS 3: Teens age 13 – 18
CLASS 4: Youth age 12 & under
CLASS 5: Special Needs
CLASS 6: Professional sale-for-profit or teacher
CLASSES – DEFINITIONS
CLASS 1: Adult Advanced Amateur – age 18 and older. Open to serious amateurs or semi-experienced photographers Up to three prints. Mount size should be 11” x 14” (print image size in any aspect ratio). Photos mounted appropriate to matte.
CLASS 2: Adult Amateur – age 18 and older. Open to those who do not sell or produce photographic work for sale or profit. Up to three prints. Mount size should be 8” x 10” or 8” x 12” (print image size in any aspect ratio).
CLASS 3: Teens age 13 – 18. Open to those who do not sell or produce photographic work for sale or profit. Up to three prints. Mount size should be 8” x 10” or 8” x 12” (print image size in any aspect ratio).
CLASS 4: Youth age 12 and under. Up to three prints. Mount size should be 8” x 10” or 8” x 12” (print image size in any aspect ratio).
CLASS 5: Special Needs. Up to three prints.
CLASS 6: Professional. Open to those that make at least 50% of their livelihood through photographic endeavors. Up to three prints. Mount size should be 16” x 20” (print image size in any aspect ratio). Photo size left to the professional.
- Action, other than sports
- Animals – pets (domestic)
- Creative art
- Human interest
- Macro (close up)
- Panorama 8” x 24”
- Photo journalism
- Portraiture – adults, groups
- Still life
- Utah County Fair Theme “Fun Elevated”
- Wedding, social event
- Wildlife – in captivity
- Wildlife – in the wild